It's the Little Things

I woke up today after having slept for 4 1/2 hours. The entire night I kept having nightmares. I woke up anxious and sad, nearly crying for what I had dreamt.

I made some coffee, got online, and felt the anger boiling through my veins. I was so annoyed, and pissed off, and ready to murder the first person that talked to me; I was ready for this day to be full of unpleasantness.

Boy, oh boy, was I wrong.

Today ended up being one of the best days that I have had in....a very, very long time. It started by Andy sending me a link to a demotivational poster that made me laugh. He didn't have to, yet he chose to, just to try to make me feel better. It made me smile for the first time today.

I take a shower, and decide that I'm going to go to Santa Cruz. For those of you who know me, you know going to SC is my escape from the world; when I am upset, or want to think, or need to get away, it is always available and never lets me down. Stephanie urged me to go, telling me it would be a beautiful day and I would enjoy it. So I decided to take her advice.

I was getting ready to go. I was set on just grabbing my shit and leaving, and I get an IM from Pingel:

come over
please?

I thought about not going over. I was still in a mood, and was just going to close my laptop and pretend I never got it. But it was the "please" that got me. For some reason, the "please" just kind of tugged on my heart. I told him I would. And I'm glad I did. I'm not trying to brag, but my boyfriend gives the best hugs in the world. I didn't realize how badly I needed a hug until he wrapped his arms around me. From just a simple touch I felt a lot of the tension from the previous night just slip away.

We ended up watching baseball. Not my favorite thing to do, but it's enjoyable watching Pingel watch baseball. Just sitting on his bed, with him touching my hair, or talking to me, or whatever, just helped more that I am able to type on this blog. His silliness when it came to the Mets scoring made me laugh. We went to pho, which I heart hardcore. Jacque said that she would go to SC with me. By the time we got back to his place, my mood was improved dramatically.

Aptos with Jax was the clincher to what I needed today. I was surrounded by the ocean and with one of my best friends. We talked, and laughed, and she understood my frustrations from the night before, as she always, unwaveringly does. I love her more than I could say.

We took pictures; we pet every puppy that passed us; we picked flowers; we went to Capitola and browsed around the shops; we went to Margaritaville and she bought me a margarita and we munched on guacamole. Perfect.

I'm home now, but not for long. See, it's Wednesday, and we all know what that means: Saloooooooon night! The perfect closure to a fantastic day.

I love my friends and everything they do for me. Whether it's a link to a funny picture, a hug, or the understanding that sometimes you just need to get away, it seems whenever I need something, they always provide it. I try to surround myself with good people, and it is apparent, that I have succeeded at doing so.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment